Roshna Social Organization was founded in 2015 to represent and respond to issues of special significance to areas of educational, social and legal communities. Concerned that needs within these communities were not being adequately addressed, a group of community volunteers and university students came together to call for an organization that would raise public and target needs within Afghanistan communities.
Since its founding, Roshna Social Organization (RSO) has been dedicated to creating strong, healthy, and economically viable communities in order to create a better life, especially for young generation, children, university students and families. Over the years, RSO has become a respected convener, advocate and public awareness platform addressing issues such as: constitutional rights, family preservation, legal awareness, health promotion, youth development, community revitalization and economic empowerment.
OUR ACCOUNTABILITY TO STAKEHOLDERS
- As an organization and as individuals, we act ethically.
- We treat all people with respect.
- We are open and transparent about the work we do and how we do it.
- Our stakeholders participate in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our work.
- We are effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us and the natural environment in which we live.
- We commit to achieving demonstrable impact for our stakeholders, using their feedback to innovate, learn and improve.
Roshna is a non-profit social organization healing earth and humanity to Advance Knowledge, Empower Youths and build Productive and Just Communities.
Roshna Social Organization was founded in 2015 to represent and respond to issues of special significance in areas of education, social and legal. The concerned needs within these communities were not being adequately addressed, a group of community volunteers and university students came together to call for an organization that would raise public and target needs within Afghanistan communities.
Since its founding, Roshna Social Organization (RSO) has been dedicated to creating strong, healthy, and economically viable community in order to help make a better life, for every citizen. Over the years, RSO has become a respected convener, advocate and public awareness platform addressing issues such as: constitutional rights, family preservation, legal awareness, childcare, health promotion, youth development, community revitalization and economic empowerment.
- Focus on advancing knowledge
- Empower youths
- Strengthen community
- Promote dignity and hope
- Social Awareness
- Support sustainable and transformational development
- Seek innovation that creates major breakthroughs against illiteracy and lasting change in the places we work.
- We view our work as successful when it transforms lives and promotes positive and lasting social, economic and spiritual change within a community; when it is based on mutual trust and fully shared accomplishment; and when it demonstrates responsible stewardship of all resources entrusted to us.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We believe communities are the best agents of their own change.
- We believe that all people have the right to live in peaceful communities andparticipate fully in the decisions that affect their lives.
- We are awed by human resilience, and believe in the ability of all people to thrive, not just exist.
- We believe in the intrinsic value and dignity of human life.
What do we really want to accomplish and what is our aim? Afghan community has gone through a lot of hardships and decades of war, which led the country stay back warded for a very long period. This has affected its population negatively in many aspects, such as, education, civilization, political and social development, and economical development. The main reason these citizens were suspended from their rights is the decades of war. RSO goal as a newly developed social organization in Afghanistan is to put an end to such arising issues and once again inspire to youth to pull out their sleeves and work for the development of the nation.
We have very accomplished and brilliant individuals in the society but they do not use their knowledge in the right direction because they were never encouraged and told about their abilities. The nation is currently going through a lot of difficult situations and to avoid all these undesirable outcomes and incidents; we need strong government support and coordination of the people, especially the young individuals who will be fully committed to help us in our journey.
Another objective that our team has and we value it in our organization is to end negative mentalities that citizens have been following for a very long time and those mentalities has still kept many away from development. For instances, preventing women to be employed, not allowing them to join school and colleges in their adulthood, early marriages and also not giving them their rights. RSO will aware the citizens through media and campaigns and any other channels and taking actions in accordance with the laws of Afghanistan and not violating the rules and regulations. We will be a voice, a channel and way for the development in Afghanistan.
We believe secure, productive and just societies emerge when the private, public, and civil society sectors are able to interact with accountability, inclusive participation and mechanisms for peaceful change.